Small smooth rocks, Pencil, Paper plate, Water basin, Paper towels
- Select six rocks that have a flat surface. Prep the rocks for painting, by washing with warm soapy water and allow it to dry.
- Using the FolkArt angled flat brush, paint the rocks with two coats of white. Allow to dry in between coats.
- Mix each of the pinks with white to a 1:1 ratio. This is to create a lighter shade. Paint the tops of three rocks with lighter shades leaving a ¼” edge of white. Let dry.
- Now, mix bright pink with white at a 1:3 ratio to make an even lighter pink. On the remaining three rocks, paint patterns such as hearts, dots and stripes. Allow to dry completely.
- Referring the photo, lightly draw ribbons and words in pencil on the rocks. The project photo is sure to inspire you for designs and sayings.
- Paint each saying using the liner brush. Let dry.
- Now, it’s time to add details in the different shades of pinks with the liner brush. Allow to dry completely.
- Bingo! Share your Breast Cancer Rocks with us at #artandcraftnook!